Global Leadership Development Forum is a not-for-profit organization that seeks to promote active faith based community participation in the political value chain of Nigeria, especially amongst the youths and young professionals, thereby establishing a vibrant community of politically interested citizens who exchange and reflect this ideology.
Global Leadership Development Forum is a Non Partisan non-denominational, non for profit organization that seeks to organize the faith based community to promote and encourage participation in the political and Governance value chain in Nigeria, especially amongst the youths and young professionals, thereby establishing a vibrant community of politically activated citizens who exchange and reflect this ideology.
The following fundamental set of values and guiding principles drive our behavior and actions in GLDF:
GLDF seeks to increase the faith-based community’s equity in governance in Nigeria by:
– Providing tools for informed and active political participation
– Providing opportunities/platforms for Christians to register as political party members
– Encouraging & actively supporting Christians to run for elective offices in their respective political parties and communities.
– Providing platforms for collaboration and cooperation between different actors of politics, Christian faith and the voting public.
– Improving political awareness of Christians and by extension the voting public by providing up-to-date and relevant information about governance, citizenship, and public policy issues.
– To enlighten, engage, and educate people within our community, groups & circle of influence with the information that would enable them take the action –––required to elect good people political office at all levels.
– To train competent, capable, and credible people who are committed to good governance and are willing to run for elected office at various levels.
– Provide opportunities/ platforms for Candidates that have the same values as the forum and will be contesting during for elections to speak to people that will be mobilized by the platform to share their ideas and plans.
– To serve as a support structure to Network administrators of Civic Leadership Groups within religious institutions, campuses & communities who are committed to good governance.
– To gather data & information relevant for mobilizing the electorates to get involved with the electoral process and deliver good governance.
– Use social media feeds to drive the information
Develop a political encyclopedia to serve as an information portal that will provide information not usually available to the general public for awareness and guide informed decision making
Develop pipeline content to be uploaded to the site on a regular basis.
Constitute a research team responsible for sourcing, analyzing and presenting the information
Include opportunity for registration for political parties on the information portal
Strategically seek input and guidance of reputable statesmen, who have an understanding of Nigeria’s political history to provide relevant background and context to the issues that will be analyzed and discussed on the platform
Develop content that will be shared on the social media feeds
– Organize and mobilize Faith-based organizations into a NETWORK of Representatives across the 36 states and Federal Capital Territory.
– Organize and Mobilize the Faith-based Community members and outside to get their Permanent Voters Cards (PVC’s).
– Organize and mobilize the faith-based Community to VOTE.
– Encourage political candidature within and outside the faith-based Community.
– Organize and mobilize the faith-based community to get involved in POLICY MAKING.
This and more will be achieved by seeking collaboration with major institutions and Communities such as the Church’s, faith-based ministries, Non for Profit Organizations (NFPs), Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), The Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN), Christian Association of Nigeria ( CAN ), Political parties etc.